Workmatters helps you pursue God's purpose for your work
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.
– Colossians 3:23 (NIV)
What We Believe
- Workmatters is a non-denominational Christian ministry, and our worldview and teaching holds to the historical Christian faith.
- We believe that God created a good world and created us for a relationship with Him, but that it was broken by sin. Through Jesus Christ, God redeemed us at an infinite cost to Himself, and someday He will return to renew all creation, end all suffering and death, and restore absolute peace, justice and joy in the world forever.
- This gospel message gives context and meaning for our work.
- Work is good. God was a worker. Work is part of how we image God, express worship to Him and serve His purposes. Even after the Fall God still uses work to cultivate the world and provide for the common good.
- Work is hard. The reality of sin means that there are forces within us and in the environment around us that distort God’s purposes for work and make work difficult.
- Work can have lasting impact. Through faith in Jesus and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we can both discover and live God’s purpose for our work. Our work can take on deeper meaning, as Christ uses us in and through our work to restore his kingdom.
How to live God’s purposes in your work
The Seven Pillars of Faith and Work were developed to provide a framework for how to live God’s purposes in your work.
While the Pillars are interdependent, each Pillar provides a unique lens through which to evaluate and better live your faith in your work.
Learn more about the pillar of BALANCE. Download our FREE guide, "A Time for Everything: A Look at Balance, God's Way."
Is there a Pillar that stands out to you? Check out our Insights, Events, Studies and Training. They all utilize the Pillars to help you discover how to better live your faith at work.
Other Advisory Board Members
Todd Wood – Attorney at Law
Tim Broughton – McKee Foods
- 190000 Leaders Equipped
- 133 Companies Impacted