If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your resume or direct any inquiries you may have to the job manager named in the listing or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President, Development
We seek an experienced development leader to join our leadership team with a passionate desire to grow relationships with advocates and donors on a national scale.
We seek a development leader who has significant experience that yields wisdom, integrity, and credibility. The right candidate is someone who can develop strong relationships with new national major donors and lead all aspects of Workmatters Development office. This person should enjoy executing development work with an entrepreneurial spirit and in an organized manner.
This leader will have the unique opportunity to embrace and share Workmatters’ vision to equip every Christian in the workplace to be on mission to make an eternal impact through their work. This individual will be instrumental in accomplishing our breakthrough strategy to scale Workmatters’ premier spiritual formation and leadership development program, the Workmatters Institute, to a national audience.
The best candidate is the priority. While we prefer the candidate live in northwest Arkansas, we are open to considering remote working. This position reports to Workmatters’ President & CEO.
Key Experience and Capabilities:
The ideal candidate will see this work as a calling, not just a job, and must have a strong reputation for demonstrating the following capabilities:
- Strong drive and focus to achieve the financial goals of the organization.
- Ability and experience in creating and executing development strategy.
- Experience serving on a leadership team and collaborating on overall strategy.
- Proven track record of cultivating major individual donors, corporate donors and foundations.
- Skilled in creating and managing an annual giving program.
- High attention to detail and able to manage multiple, often competing, priorities.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written word.
- Strong Christian faith.
- Create and implement a comprehensive development plan that supports Workmatters’ vision/strategy and financial needs. Measurable goals will include major gifts and contributions from corporate partnerships, grants/foundations, annual giving programs, and special events.
- Nurture current and develop new personal relationships that will generate major gifts, corporate partnerships, individual gifts, grants, and planned giving.
- Partner with president & CEO to build relationships with Board of Directors and major donors to grow personal giving and corporate partnerships.
- Coordinate with the Director of Communications to lead and develop donor communications. Ensure processes and systems are in place to execute timely, relevant communications.
- Work with Director of Communications to create and deliver donor marketing via website, social media, email, annual report, brochures, and letters. Reach new audiences and build brand awareness.
- Initiate a new strategy to pursue faith-based grants and foundations. Create appropriate processes, needed resources, targets, relationships, and launch in 2021.
- Manage donor management database. Ensure processes and reporting are fully utilized.
- Bachelor’ degree in a related field.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in nonprofit development, relational selling, marketing, communications, data, and systems.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office tools and donor software. Salesforce.com and Donor Perfect experience preferred.
- Must be a positive, team-focused leader.
Workmatters is a non-profit, non-denominational 501(c)3 organization.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Performing this job’s duties will require the employee to walk, stand, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit resumes and cover letters of interest to David Roth, President & CEO, Workmatters at email@example.com. Workmatters will contact selected applicants.