Reports to: Marketing Manager
We are seeking a mission-minded and digital-savvy intern who is eager to help grow our presence and make an impact in faith and leadership development.
Workmatters is a faith-based organization that equips people in the marketplace to integrate their faith and work. We have an aspirational new vision to transform every faith-driven leader’s vision for work to honor God and influence others. We are pursuing this vision by scaling our premier spiritual formation and leadership development program, the Workmatters Institute (WMI), to a national audience.
There is an incredible opportunity for impacting the next generation through this vision. As Kali Davis, a Director at Harvest Group says, “the personal and professional development of WMI is mind-boggling. You can never approach your work the same.”
As our Digital Intern you will contribute directly to the scaling strategy by helping drive brand awareness across multiple social media and digital platforms. If you’re someone who wants to help bring renewal by impacting leaders to be on mission in their work while getting great experience in digital and social media marketing, this is an opportunity to do just that.
what you will do – core Responsibilities:
- Prepare weekly updates and metrics reports on social media platforms to track growth and success rates of organic content and campaigns.
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly.
- Identify leaders and influencers (organizations and individuals) and engage them in brand activities.
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed.
- Assist with content calendar, taking initiative on all phases of the process: ideation, creation, and execution.
Qualifications – Required:
- Social media savvy: can understand and utilize emerging platforms and digital media. Analytical: can utilize web/social media management and measurement tools.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Customer-focus: can understand what engages our target audience online and how that varies by plaform.
- Working knowledge of Wordpress.
Qualifications – Preferred:
- Experience managing a brand, non-profit experience a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google, LinkedIn, or Facebook ad manager platforms.
- Paid internship, 8-10 hours per week, working remotely.
- Workmatters can provide you with a PC (Asus) or you can use your own.
- You will have the opportunity to audit the Workmatters Institute (Sep 27-Nov 15), including interacting with live Executive Speakers and networking with our national cohort of leaders.
How We Work:
Workmatters is a non-profit, non-denominational 501(c)3 organization focused on helping leaders pursue God’s purpose for their work. We care about that mission, and our workplace culture is of paramount importance. We live our shared values of faith, relationship, excellence, relevance, and diversity. We genuinely care about each other, and we like to work hard and have fun. Our environment is a flexible one, meaning we want you to work in a way that helps you flourish and achieve the mission.
Please submit your resume and cover letter of interest to Jessica Simms, Marketing Manager, Workmatters at email@example.com. Workmatters will contact selected applicants.