Reports to: President & CEO
Workmatters is a faith-based organization that equips people in the marketplace to integrate their faith and work. We have an aspirational new vision to equip every Christian in the workplace to be on mission to make eternal impact through their work. We are pursuing this vision by scaling our premier spiritual formation and leadership development program, the Workmatters Institute, to a national audience.
We seek an experienced development leader who wants to be part of a passionate team that cares deeply about transforming lives through closing the gap between faith and work. Our Workmatters culture is of paramount importance. The right candidate will hold herself or himself to our shared values of faith, relationship, excellence, relevance, and diversity.
The initial donor response to our new vision to scale the Workmatters Institute nationally has been very positive. This is meaningful season for us an organization and for our new Development leader. As Development Director, your initial emphasis will be 1) donor communications with existing donors; 2) enhancing our internal development infrastructure and 3) working with the president and CEO on stewarding current major donors and cultivating new major donors. For the right leader who performs well over time, there can be a growth path to a Vice President role, the executive team and increasing responsibilities with major donor development.
You will lead all aspects of the Workmatters Development office. This leader loves executing development work and operating with an entrepreneurial spirit in an organized manner. While we prefer the candidate to live in northwest Arkansas, we are open to considering remote working. The best candidate is the priority.
Key Experience and Capabilities:
The ideal candidate will see this work as a calling, not just a job, and must have a strong reputation for demonstrating the following capabilities:
- Strong drive and focus to achieve the financial goals of the organization.
- Ability and experience in creating and executing development strategy.
- Proven track record cultivating individual and corporate donors.
- Skilled in creating and managing successful annual giving programs.
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful grants and foundations initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience developing an internal infrastructure that supports national growth.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills in the spoken and written word.
- Strong Christian faith.
Responsibilities – External:
- Partner with the Director, Growth to create and execute a stories-centric donor marketing and communications plan across multiple mediums (website, social media, video, email, annual report, brochures, and letters). Ensure current donors feel our gratitude and see impact. Reach new audiences and build brand awareness. Ensure processes and systems are in place to execute timely, impactful communications.
- Partner with the Director, Growth and Marketing Manager to create an aggressive social media program that also caters to donors.
- Communicate with current mid-tier and monthly donors to cultivate relationships that will sustain and grow our base. Over time, develop new relationships that will grow our regional and national mid-tier and monthly donors.
- Lead and grow the corporate Partnership Program with companies who want to sponsor Workmatters programs.
- Work with the president and CEO on stewarding current major donors and cultivating new major donors.
- In partnership with the CEO, pursue additional endowed gifts and planned giving.
Responsibilities – Internal:
- Create and implement an annual comprehensive development plan that supports Workmatters’ vision, strategy, and financial needs.
- Lead a focused strategy to engage faith-based grants and foundations opportunities. Create appropriate infrastructure, processes, and external resources needed to select, engage and manage these partners.
- Ensure that Workmatters has the appropriate accounting transparency and processes to be in good standing with GuideStar, ECFA, Excellence in Giving, and other needed certifications.
- Lead a special project to reimagine workmatters.org donor pages centered on transformational stories and best-in-class ease of giving.
- Utilize the current donor software (Donor Perfect) for data management and reporting. Partner with the Director, Operations to a future transition to a CRM tool such as Salesforce.
- Ensure the gift management and internal auditing processes are appropriately executed. Work closely with the Office Manager on gift processing.
- Recruit, lead and develop members of the Development Team as we grow.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in nonprofit development.
- Strong computer skills are required including Microsoft Office tools, Donor Perfect donor software and in the future, Salesforce CRM.
- Must be a positive, team-focused leader.
Workmatters is a non-profit, non-denominational 501(c)3 organization.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Performing the duties of this job will require the employee to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to perform the functions of the job as outlined with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please submit questions about this role to David Roth, President & CEO, Workmatters at email@example.com.