Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
We are seeking a mission-minded and creative sales and marketing leader, experienced and capable of driving our strategy and growing our national presence and impact in faith and leadership development.
Workmatters is a faith-based organization that equips people in the marketplace to integrate their faith and work. We have an aspirational new vision to transform every faith-driven leader’s vision for work to honor God and influence others. We are pursuing this vision by scaling our premier spiritual formation and leadership development program, the Workmatters Institute (WMI), to a national audience.
There is an incredible opportunity for impacting the next generation through this vision. As Kali Davis, a Director at Harvest Group says, “the personal and professional development of WMI is mind-boggling. You can never approach your work the same.”
We need to think about our organization differently to scale WMI, so we have organized our team around a new Growth function. As our Growth Director you will build and lead this team, focusing on customer acquisition, activation, and retention, ultimately moving people to sustained engagement with Workmatters.
You will be responsible for defining our growth strategy, coordinating and executing growth plans, and optimizing our funnel to meet life-impact and revenue targets as we scale. You’ll have a significant external presence, as much of our initial growth will come from direct customer interactions. You are helping establish this function, so your ability to work cross-functionally and build teams is crucial.
If you’re someone who wants to help bring renewal by impacting leaders to be on mission in their work, this is a leadership opportunity to contribute to a team that is doing just that.
About You – Capabilities and Mindsets:
- Leadership: you have experience leading people with diverse areas of expertise.
- Interpersonal skills: experience working with and integrating efforts of cross-functional teams.
- Product management knowledge: understand and communicate how users interact with the product. Can create and manage effective feedback loops with customers and internally with Product team.
- Customer relationship-builder: you have experience building relationships directly with customers.
- Well-rounded Marketer: broad knowledge of marketing – owned, paid, earned, online/offline.
- Communication skills: excellent written and oral communicator, can pitch and present well.
- Experimental and creative mindset: you can identify and design new approaches for opportunities, move fast to execute on them, and have an ability to deal with failure.
- Analytical skills: can find meaning and insight and make decisions using quantitative and qualitative inputs. Can apply this to understanding marketing/sales effectiveness.
- Management: holistic business knowledge, can manage projects, build structure/processes.
- Can quickly learn and master new skills.
what you will do – Core Responsibilities:
- Establish and lead the growth team.
- Manage the growth team (marketing, sales) to coordinate and execute the strategy.
- Define, lead, and iterate growth strategy for acquisition, activation, retention.
- Develop and manage a robust pipeline to successfully meet growth targets.
- Develop and monitor the growth strategy for all stages of the funnel, defining a roadmap for each marketing channel and maintaining consistent engagement.
- Develop a system to track conversion rates and measure against goals.
- Build and maintain effective feedback loops to drive product iteration.
- Provide customer insight to the larger team, blending data with understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions developed through customer research and feedback.
- Communicate strategies and results to leadership team on consistent basis.
- Capture timely data at all customer touchpoints.
- Prioritize growth initiatives and product changes.
- Identify growth opportunities and manage team’s effort to fill in those opportunity gaps.
- Experience in a growth marketing, sales director, or marketing director role.
- Experience building and growing a national brand.
- Experience setting, executing, and iterating a growth strategy.
- Experience scaling customer acquisition, activation, and retention.
- Experience building, leading, and managing a team of marketers and salespersons.
- Proven experience tracking analytics and KPIs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and ambiguous start-up environment.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- PTO – holidays, vacation, spiritual renewal, mission trip/volunteer days, sick days.
- Health stipend for medical/dental/vision.
- Cell phone benefits.
- Flexible work environment: we are generally in-office 8-5pm, but team members have flexibility to take care of personal needs and are equipped to work offsite / from home as needed. We do not have a specific “offsite” time policy, but operate on principles of trust, accountability, and communication to enable work flexibility.
- Half-day summer Fridays
How We Work:
Workmatters is a non-profit, non-denominational 501(c)3 organization focused on helping leaders pursue God’s purpose for their work. We care about that mission, and our workplace culture is of paramount importance. We live our shared values of faith, relationship, excellence, relevance, and diversity. We genuinely care about each other, and we like to work hard and have fun. Our environment is a flexible one, meaning we want you to work in a way that helps you flourish and achieve the mission.
Please submit your resume and cover letter of interest to Ben Kirksey, COO, Workmatters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Workmatters will contact selected applicants.