Title: Director, Operations
Reports to: COO
Direct report(s): Office Manager
Location: Northwest Arkansas preferred, open to remote
Workmatters is on a mission to close the gap between faith and work! We are a faith-based organization that equips leaders in the marketplace to integrate their faith and work. We have a bold vision to reach 5 million leaders of faith and transform 10,000 next-generation leaders by 2030. We are pursuing this vision by nationally scaling our premier leadership development and spiritual formation program, the Workmatters Institute (WMI).
To pursue this vision, we are growing our team! We want a team that believes in and lives our values of Faith, Relationships, Excellence, Relevance, and Diversity. And that means we need you. As our Director of Operations, you will have direct responsibility over finance and HR, ensuring we are excellent stewards of our resources. You will oversee I.T., ensuring our technology best supports our people and those we serve. And you will be responsible for developing systems and processes across the organization that maximizes our ability to deliver on our vision. This means you will lead planning and project management, and ensure we have the right data to run our organization effectively.
If you’re someone who wants to help bring renewal by impacting leaders in a transformative way, this is an opportunity to contribute to a team that is doing just that.
About Us – Working at Workmatters
Workmatters is not a typical non-profit. From our founding 18 years ago, we wanted to operate more like a business. Why? Because the customers we serve work in the marketplace. Like them, we are a growth-focused organization, with a superb Board, and we believe in producing world-class faith-and-work content.
We are a passionate 501(c)3 organization intently focused on helping leaders pursue God’s purpose for their work. Our workplace value means everything to us. We strive to live our shared values of Faith, Relationships, Excellence, Relevance, and Diversity. We want our life at work to be a place where we genuinely care about each other, we work hard, and we have fun in the process! Our environment is a flexible one, meaning we want you to work in a way that helps you flourish professionally and personally while achieving the mission.
You’ll be part of a scrappy team with a life-giving mission and will make a direct impact on people. And we want you to grow while you’re here. You will have access and exposure to a broad network of executives for both formal and informal mentorship and networking, and the work you’ll do as Director, Operations, will prepare you with real transferrable skills and experience in the following areas: Revenue and Growth operations, HR management, IT, Finance, Project management, General Management.
About You — Capabilities and Mindsets
The Director, Operations is a key leadership role on our team, so you are excited about building influence and helping set direction across the organization. When you go to work, or in life in general, you’re asking questions like:
- How do we create repeatable processes?
- How do we make the process work the way it’s supposed to work?
- How do we make sure our data is clean so we can determine what’s working and why?
- What metrics should we use to measure our success?
You probably get excited by words like process, data, and scorecard. And your friends would say:
- You are detail-oriented and organized. You are routine-oriented and stay on top of things. In fact, you’re the one who reminds people what they’re supposed to be working on.
- You’re a problem-solver.
- You’re an excellent communicator, and good at working with different kinds of people.
- And you’re a quick study – easily learning new things.
What You Will Do — Core Responsibilities
- Financial management: managing budgeting, reporting, and routine financial processes to ensure we are excellent stewards of our resources.
- HR management: oversee administration (benefits, onboarding), training, and define and implement policies and procedures that grow our people and promote our values.
- Oversee I.T., determining hardware and software needs, partners, and systems that help us maximize our resources, and implementing and training across the team.
- Develop and implement systems and processes across the organization: Development, Growth, and Content. Ensure we are collecting the right data at every point.
- Planning and project management: ensuring that our workflow, timelines, and communication mechanisms achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Experience in a general management or operations-oriented role.
- Experience in HR or people/values-oriented role.
- Experience managing IT and/or projects involving technology implementation.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience managing a budget and P/L.
- Experience working across functional areas and generating influence and results.
- Proven experience developing and tracking analytics and KPIs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and ambiguous start-up environment.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- PTO – 12 holidays, 15 vacation days (starting), quarterly spiritual renewal half-days, 5 mission trip/volunteer days, sick days.
- Healthcare stipend for medical/dental/vision.
- Flexible work environment: we are generally in-office 8-5pm, but team members have flexibility to take care of personal needs and are equipped to work offsite / from home as needed. We do not have a specific “offsite” time policy, but operate on principles of trust, accountability, and communication to enable work flexibility.
- Half-day summer Fridays.
- Cell phone benefits.
- Professional development budget and access to Workmatters network of executive mentors.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application. Workmatters will contact selected applicants. For any questions, please contact Ben Kirksey, COO, Workmatters at firstname.lastname@example.org.