Reports to Director of Growth
Workmatters is a faith-based organization that equips people in the marketplace to integrate their faith and work. We have an aspirational new vision to equip every Christian in the workplace to be on mission to make eternal impact through their work.
We are seeking a customer-centric and growth-oriented Leader who resonates with our vision and wants to be part of a passionate team that cares deeply about transforming lives through closing the gap between faith and work.
We are pursuing the vision by scaling our premier spiritual formation and leadership development program, the Workmatters Institute, to a national audience. The Workmatters Institute (WMI) is a twelve-week course that helps young leaders (25-39) develop a theology of work, make practical application through Executive Mentor Speaker talks, and develop a practical and actionable Faith and Leadership Action Plan, all in the context of peer community. Our scaling model focuses on bringing together three different segments:
- Advocates – marketplace and ministry executive or senior leaders who believe in WMI and have the means to expand the program through their relationships, influence, expertise and giving.
- Leaders – people who want to facilitate a WMI class.
- Participants – people who want to attend a WMI class.
As Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the mission by developing relationships, partnerships, and other channels to gain new and continued participation of Workmatters Institute Leaders, participants, and alumni nationally. You will execute people-focused strategies to find new customers, increase engagement with current customers, and identify needs from Workmatters customers that our team can meet.
Our workplace culture is of paramount importance. The right candidate will hold herself or himself to our shared values of faith, relationship, excellence, relevance, and diversity.
While we prefer the candidate to live in northwest Arkansas, we are open to considering remote working. The best candidate is the priority.
Core Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
- Recruit and retain Workmatters Institute (WMI) Course Leaders: identify, recruit, and support Leaders in a way that results in multi-year involvement.
- Develop and expand relationships and partnerships with like-minded non-profit organizations, churches, businesses, and other networks that support national WMI Course growth: recruiting Leaders, Participants, and Advocates.
- Develop and expand relationships and partnerships with like-minded non-profit organizations, churches, businesses, and other networks that support flagship WMI growth in Northwest Arkansas.
- Create and execute a communications and engagement plan to serve and grow the WMI community of Leaders, Alumni, and Advocates.
- Maintain feedback loops and other systems for understanding customer needs and insights to inform Product, Growth and Development strategies.
- Interpersonal skills: very strong ability to establish and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders from both marketplace and ministry environments.
- Customer relationship management: able to build and maintain customer relationships that lead to satisfied and long-lasting customers.
- Communications: excellent interpersonal communicator.
- Leadership: can work cross-functionally with team members, external partners and/or volunteers to work toward common goal.
- Analytical skills: can find meaning and insight and make decisions using a wide range of quantitative and qualitative inputs. Has experience applying this to understanding market trends, customer behavior trends and marketing/sales effectiveness.
- Technical skills: O365 proficiency required (word, excel, PPT); Salesforce proficiency needed.
- Workmatters is a non-profit, non-denominational 501(c)3 organization focused on helping leaders pursue God’s purpose for their work.
- This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
- Performing the duties of this job will require the employee to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to perform the functions of the job as outlined with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please submit questions about this role to Ben Kirksey, VP & General Manager, Workmatters at email@example.com.