Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
We are seeking a mission-minded and effective operations leader who is eager to help us maximize our ability to grow our presence and make an impact in faith and leadership development.
Workmatters is a faith-based organization that equips people in the marketplace to integrate their faith and work. We have an aspirational new vision to transform every faith-driven leader’s vision for work to honor God and influence others. We are pursuing this vision by scaling our premier spiritual formation and leadership development program, the Workmatters Institute (WMI), to a national audience.
There is an incredible opportunity for impacting the next generation through this vision. As Kali Davis, a Director at Harvest Group says, “the personal and professional development of WMI is mind-boggling. You can never approach your work the same.”
As our Manager of Operations you will be responsible for ensuring that we carry out our work in a way that maximizes our ability to deliver on this vision. You will work directly with the COO to manage functions and lead initiatives that impact the entire Workmatters Team, including project and event management, I.T., H.R., and other systems and processes.
If you’re someone who wants to help bring renewal by impacting leaders to be on mission in their work, this is an opportunity to contribute to a team that is doing just that.
about you – Capabilities and Mindsets:
- Leadership: you have experience leading and influencing people with diverse areas of expertise.
- Interpersonal skills: experience working with and integrating efforts of cross-functional teams.
- Analytical skills: can find meaning and insight and make decisions using quantitative and qualitative inputs. Can apply this to optimizing team effectiveness.
- General Management: holistic business knowledge, can build structure/processes.
- Project Management: can plan and lead projects from conception to completion.
- Events Management: can manage the details in executing large-scale events.
- Financial Management: budget management and P/L management.
- Communication skills: excellent written and oral communicator.
- Can quickly learn and master new skills.
what you will do – Core Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement project management processes and serve as the overall Workmatters project manager, ensuring that our workflow, timelines, and communication mechanisms achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Manage our annual Workmatters Conference, a half-day event that convenes hundreds of Christian leaders every fall, as well as smaller events that happen throughout the year.
- Oversee I.T., determining hardware and software needs, partners, and systems that help us maximize our resources, and implementing and training across the team.
- Work with the COO to develop and manage budget and P/L. This includes routine financial analysis and reporting and working with other ministry leaders on budget management and resource allocation.
- Define and implement policies and procedures that grow our people and promote our values and culture.
- Implement processes to ensure appropriate analytics and KPIs are defined, captured, and used in donor reporting, decision making, and assessment of ministry effectiveness and results.
- Experience in a management or operations-oriented role.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience managing a budget and P/L.
- Experience in leading all aspects of events.
- Experience working across functional areas and generating influence and results.
- Proven experience developing and tracking analytics and KPIs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and ambiguous start-up environment.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- PTO – holidays, vacation, spiritual renewal, mission trip/volunteer days, sick days.
- Health stipend for medical/dental/vision.
- Cell phone benefits.
- Flexible work environment: we are generally in-office 8-5pm, but team members have flexibility to take care of personal needs and are equipped to work offsite / from home as needed. We do not have a specific “offsite” time policy, but operate on principles of trust, accountability, and communication to enable work flexibility.
- Half-day summer Fridays.
how we work:
Workmatters is a non-profit, non-denominational 501(c)3 organization focused on helping leaders pursue God’s purpose for their work. We care about that mission, and our workplace culture is of paramount importance. We live our shared values of faith, relationship, excellence, relevance, and diversity. We genuinely care about each other, and we like to work hard and have fun. Our environment is a flexible one, meaning we want you to work in a way that helps you flourish and achieve the mission.
Please submit your resume and cover letter of interest to Ben Kirksey, COO, Workmatters at email@example.com. Workmatters will contact selected applicants.