Reports to Director of Growth
Workmatters is a faith-based organization that equips people in the marketplace to integrate their faith and work. We have an aspirational new vision to equip every Christian in the workplace to be on mission to make eternal impact through their work. We are pursuing this vision by scaling our premier spiritual formation and leadership development program, the Workmatters Institute, to a national audience.
We seek a marketer who wants to be part of a passionate team that cares deeply about transforming lives through closing the gap between faith and work.
As Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the mission by creating and executing marketing initiatives that build brand awareness, communicate with stakeholders, and drive participation and engagement with the Workmatters Institute and other Workmatters events and content with new and existing customers. You have rich experience with utilizing social media to make meaningful brand connection, and you will be a key part of implementing our strategy through social media, email and digital marketing, and other tactics.
Our workplace culture is of paramount importance. The right candidate will hold herself or himself to our shared values of faith, relationship, excellence, relevance, and diversity.
While we prefer the candidate to live in northwest Arkansas, we are open to considering remote working. The best candidate is the priority.
What You Will Do — Core Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for coordinating marketing plans and tactics that will achieve Development and Growth objectives. This includes:
- Write copy and select images to create posts for multiple platforms.
- Develop and maintain social media calendar.
- Execute a content and community-building strategy on LinkedIn.
- Manage social media presence across LinkedIn, Facebook, IG, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Engage with followers and respond to direct messages and provide customer service as needed.
- Work with Development Director to execute donor communication and engagement strategy.
- Maintain awareness of and proficiency with emerging social media platforms.
- Track and report on customer engagement and analytics.
- Create and support a social media strategy for CEO.
Website / Email / Digital
- Copy-edit, lay out, and schedule content.
- Make minor changes to website (e.g., adding or editing copy, swapping images, etc.).
- Write promotional copy, lay out email copy and images, and schedule email broadcasts.
- Create targeted customer segments and pull and utilize data and customer reports.
- Coordinate SEO, paid search and social retargeting campaigns.
- Use Photoshop to resize and crop images for web, social, and print media.
- Maintain content schedule and follow up with contributors as needed.
- Write copy for web, print, social, and other media.
- Execute the Workmatters customer and donor communications plan.
- Participate in the weekly Workmatters operations meeting.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Key Capabilities and Experience:
- Interpersonal skills: can deescalate conflict on social media, provide excellent customer service, and work cross-functionally with team members and external partners.
- Communication skills: excellent written and oral communicator.
- Analytical skills: can find meaning and insight and make decisions using quantitative and qualitative inputs. Can apply this to understanding marketing/sales effectiveness.
- Can quickly learn and master new skills
- Solid, impactful writer
- Active on social media
- Required technical skills: O365 proficiency required (word, excel, PPT), Adobe Photoshop (intermediate); Google Analytics
- Preferred (not required) technical skills: Salesforce; WordPress (familiar); SEO; Google Ads; Facebook Pixel
- Workmatters is a non-profit, non-denominational 501(c)3 organization focused on helping leaders pursue God’s purpose for their work.
- This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
- Performing the duties of this job will require the employee to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to perform the functions of the job as outlined with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please submit questions about this role to Ben Kirksey, VP & General Manager, Workmatters at email@example.com.