Title: Office and Operations Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Primarily in-office (Rogers, AR)
Workmatters is a faith-based organization with a bold vision to transform the workplace by equipping leaders to integrate their faith and work. We are pursuing this vision by nationally scaling our premier leadership development and spiritual formation program, the Workmatters Institute (WMI).
Our team is growing, and we want a team and culture that believes in and lives our values of Faith, Relationships, Excellence, Relevance, and Diversity. And that means we need you.
As Office and Operations Manager, you will be managing the financial and operational processes that enable Workmatters to run smoothly. This is a vital part-time role that supports our ability to responsibly pursue the vision, steward our resources, and care for our team, donors, and customers.
If you’re someone who wants to help bring renewal by impacting leaders in a transformative way, this is an opportunity to contribute to a team that is doing just that.
About Us – Working at Workmatters
Workmatters is not a typical non-profit. From our founding 18 years ago, we wanted to operate more like a business. Why? Because the customers we serve work in the marketplace. Like them, we are a growth-focused organization, with a superb Board, and producing world-class faith-and-work content.
We are a passionate 501(c)3 organization intently focused on helping leaders pursue God’s purpose for their work. Our workplace culture means everything to us. We strive to live our shared values of Faith, Relationships, Excellence, Relevance, and Diversity. We want our life at work to be a place where we genuinely care about each other, we work hard, and we have fun in the process! Our environment is a flexible one, meaning we want you to work in a way that helps you flourish professionally and personally while achieving the mission.
You’ll be part of a scrappy team with a life-giving mission and will make a direct impact on people. And we want you to grow while you’re here. You will have access and exposure to a broad network of executives for both formal and informal mentorship and networking, and the work you’ll do will prepare you with real transferrable skills and experience in the following areas: project management, HR management, and financial management.
About You – Capabilities and Mindsets
The Office and Operations Manager is a key support role at Workmatters and requires someone who can juggle several tasks with a servant’s heart. You probably get excited by planning things, scheduling, managing projects, and find great satisfaction in completing a task. And your friends would say:
- You are detail-oriented and organized. You are routine-oriented and stay on top of things. In fact, you’re the one who reminds people what they’re supposed to be working on.
- You’re a problem-solver.
- You’re helpful, cheerful, and seem to have a keen sense on how to support others.
- You’re an excellent communicator, and good at working with different kinds of people.
- You’re highly trustworthy – you can be trusted to do jobs you say you’ll do and you can be trusted with sensitive, confidential information.
- And you’re a quick study – easily learning new things.
What You Will Do – Core Responsibilities
- Manage financial processes:
- Execute accounts receivable and payable with our external accounting partner.
- Manage payroll with payroll partner.
- Manage invoicing, check processing, and bank deposits.
- Run reconciliation reports or other financial controls.
- Utilize Quickbooks to create and run financial reports for COO.
- Manage administrative tasks and processes for Development and other offices:
- Data entry into our Donor software system.
- Managing end-of-year tax letters and information.
- Managing any procurement, outbound mailing or shipping.
- Other administrative tasks or support for CEO or COO.
- Other administrative or operational duties, depending on time, interest, and skillset.
- Make our office a great place to work:
- Overseeing office environment: décor, maintenance, food/snacks, supplies.
- Planning and organizing team outings, celebrations, and other culture-building activities.
- Ensuring all H.R. or people-related tasks or processes are serving our people well: benefits administration, access to payroll or other H.R. services.
- Experience managing financial and data-entry processes – familiarity with Quickbooks preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Proficient in Office365 – especially excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and ambiguous start-up environment.
- Estimated 20 hours/week, hourly position.
- PTO – 12 holidays, 15 vacation days (starting), quarterly spiritual renewal half-days, 5 mission trip/volunteer days, sick days. Each holiday, vacation, and mission/volunteer day is 4 hours for this half-time position.
- Flexible work environment: we are generally in-office 8-5pm, but team members have flexibility to take care of personal needs and are equipped to work offsite / from home as needed. We do not have a specific “offsite” time policy, but operate on principles of trust, accountability, and communication to enable work flexibility.
- Cell phone benefits.
- Professional development budget and access to Workmatters network of executive mentors.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application. Workmatters will contact selected applicants. For any questions, please contact Ben Kirksey, COO, Workmatters at email@example.com.