What is Periscope?
Periscope is a new app that allows users to share and experience live video streaming. Imagine taking a FaceTime or Skype experience and sending it out through a message.
How does it work?
How can I use it?
- Show behind-the-scenes footage of events
- Share podcast content via video
- Report breaking news from around the globe
- Record weddings for those who cannot attend
- Provide interactive customer support
- Present product demonstrations
- Conduct remote focus groups
How do I create a Periscope account?
- Download the Periscope app from the iTunes App store or the Google Play Store.
- Sign in using your Twitter credentials. If you have multiple Twitter accounts on your device, you will be prompted to choose the one you want to sign up with.
- Your Twitter profile picture and bio will migrate over to your Periscope account, and a list of suggested followers will be built based on who you follow on Twitter. Remember, Periscope doesn’t automatically import your Twitter followers.
- Enter your name.
- Choose a Periscope username (handle). This can be different from your current Twitter handle.
Who should I follow?
Whoever you’d like – your favorite athletic coach, celebrity, podcast host, motivational speaker, friends, etc. We recommend the following:
- TED Talks
- Andy Stanley
- Michael Hyatt
- Dave Ramsey LIVE
Why should I join?
Periscope will most likely change the way the world receives live news. From presidential debates to a friend’s wedding, people are ready to join the Periscope world!
More importantly, WorkMatters will be sharing live footage of co-leader trainings, event experiences, select speaker sessions and more. We’d hate for you to miss out!