Below you will find answers to the questions we get asked the most about the Workmatters Institute experience. If there are any additional questions not answered below, please feel free to reach out to Darrel Harvey, Workmatters Institute Director, for more information (email@example.com).
How long is the class?
The 2022 experience will consist of 8-weeks of classes. Beginning on Monday, April 4th.
How much time should I dedicate to learning each week?
You can anticipate dedicating three hours each week to the class: two hours of instruction and one our of class-related work.
Where will the class meet?
We will meet via Zoom. Our Institute director, Darrel – will send all zoom links prior to the start of the cohort through calendar invites via email.
How much does the class cost?
(Limited assistance available).
How can I have my class refunded or sponsored?
We offer the opportunity for participants to have their company, company owner, or direct supervisor sponsor their institute costs. Please email Darrel Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the sponsorship process.
Will I have to buy any books or supplies?
No. We will provide a participant guide designed specifically for your class. It will be printed and delivered to you prior to the beginning of class beginning.
What type of content is taught?
2. Executive Speaker Series. Focused on practical application, you will learn from Executive Speakers on the Workmatters Seven Pillars of Faith and Work: love, calling, balance, integrity, excellence, serving, influence. Through weekly devotionals, executive speaker talks and discussion, you’ll learn how to practically apply your faith and become a more effective leader.
3. Faith and Leadership Action Plan. Driving toward action, you’ll put the theological framework and practical application to work by creating a plan that 1) identifies an area of brokenness in your work, 2) articulates a vision for renewal, 3) determines specific next actions needed to close that gap, and 4) commits to habits and practices that will support these actions.
For a more week-by-week detailed syllabus, click here.
What is the ideal Institute candidate?
Where should I be in my faith journey before applying?
How can I recommend the institute to someone?
- Start with a conversation. “How are you intentionally investing in your growth and a leader?”
- Share your endorsement of their potential and the Workmatters Institute.
- Encourage them to investigate the program on our website and to follow us on social.
- Follow up with the individual.
- Introduce them to Darrel Harvey, the Workmatters Institute Director.
- Follow up again.